OPENING HOURS – GMM TOKENS & CASH – FOOD & DRINK – VIP CORNER – CALLING & BROWSING – TOILET FACILITIES – LOCKERS – INFO & LOST AND FOUND – PROTECT YOUR EARS – SAFETY & SECURITY – FIRST AID – FAQ FESTIVAL ARENA
- On Thursday 21 June the box office at the main festival entrance opens at 9 am and doesn’t close until Friday morning at 1 am. On Saturday and Sunday festival-goers can exchange their festival ticket for a festival wristband from 8 am.
- On Thursday only festival-goers with a Thursday ticket or an XL combi ticket can collect their festival wristband. Combi tickets can only be exchanged from 8 am.
- The gates to camping Boneyard and camping Metal Town swing wide at 9 am on Thursday 21 June.
- The Metal Plaza – the area between camping Boneyard and the festival arena – opens at noon Thursday and at 8 am on Friday, Saturday and Sunday 22-24 June. Every festival day concludes in the Metal Dome at 5 am.
- On Thursday 21 June, the main festival arena and the VIP Corner open at 3 pm. On Friday at 10.30 am. On Saturday and Sunday at 11 am.
GMM tokens pay for food and drink at the festival. At the merchandise stand, the kiosks (cigarettes), at the camping shop and in the Metal Market and the Festival Fair you need cash or a debit card.
At the festival you can buy tokens from the token booth and the token machines at €10/3,5tokens. Cash, debit cards and credit cards (Mastercard/VISA) are accepted.
You’ll find the cash machines next to the token booth in Metal Plaza. All debit and credit cards are accepted. Foreign currencies are neither accepted nor exchanged.
Hungry? This is Belgium so naturally there are French fries with mayonnaise, as well as hamburgers and hotdogs. Also on the festival menu: pancakes and pulled pork, wraps & baps, juice, snacks and much more. Breakfast is served in the restaurant tent in Metal Plaza from 8 am. On the opposite side of the festival arena our fabulous food trucks offer a delicious menu for you to choose from. We’ve made an effort to provide a varied menu and cater to those who prefer gluten & lactose-free, veggie or vegan options.
Thirsty festival-goers have a choice of cold beers, soft drinks, water and energy drinks. We’re also serving half-litre beers smack in the middle of the festival arena. The Belgian Beer Bar and the Classic Rock Café have some of our famous speciality beers on tap. Not a beer drinker? Then quench your thirst at one of our wine, cava and coffee bars.
Not to forget:
- all sanitary blocks have free drinkable water.
- you can’t bring your own food & drink into the festival arena. Be sure to bring a valid prescription if you’re on a special diet (gluten or lactose-free) or if you need medication. This way our security staff will know why you brought medication and/or syringes and any awkward discussions can be avoided.
- No alcohol is served to under 16s as this is prohibited by law. Buying alcoholic beverages for under 16s is a criminal offence, even if you’re over 16. The minimum age for spirits is 18.
Our GMM VIP Corner is located at the front left of the main stages. It’s the perfect perch from which to take in the gigs on our two main stages. The raised VIP terrace offers a direct line of sight to the main stages and the moshing masses. If you’re looking for a quiet spot or if you want to take a breather then you can hang out (and hoist a few) in one of the sitting areas or at the bar tables. Apart from the traditional beers and soft drinks there are also several speciality beers on offer as well as delicious festival food (not included in your festival ticket). For your comfort, we’ve included free WiFi as well as separate token machines and toilet facilities.
Only visitors with a VIP festival ticket have access to the VIP Corner. On Thursday 21 June the VIP corner is open from 3 pm until half an hour after the last main stage gig of the day. On all other days the VIP Corner is open from 11 am.
There’s free WiFi at the main festival entrance, in the picnic area in the festival arena and in the restaurant tent in Metal Plaza. Thanks to Proximus you can also charge your mobile or smartphone free of charge. Charge your phone at one of the charging stations or rent a charging stick from the Proximus Recharge Stand on Metal Boulevard. All mobile operators will boost their capacity during the festival.
In the festival arena there are ample toilet facilities and urinals spread across the various sanitary blocks. Use of the toilets is free. Let us just remind you that urinating in public is frowned upon! There’s no need to urinate against trees, fences, tents, stalls...
Don’t give pickpockets the chance to ruin your festival weekend and store your valuables in the lockers on Metal Boulevard. You can rent a locker for a single day or for the duration of the festival. Day lockers are emptied at the end of each festival day. Lockers are always accessible during festival hours but not at night.
- Small: 22 cm x 22 cm x 40 cm
- Standard: 26 cm x 26 cm x 45 cm
- Big: 45 cm x 45 cm x 45 cm
- Small and standard: 7 euro/day
- Big: 10 euro/day
- Weekend (all sizes): 25 euro/weekend
- Thue/Fri/Sat/Sun: 08h – 03h
- Mon: 08h – 12h
Questions about train schedules, signing sessions, the weather, programme changes, ...? The friendly staff at the info stand on Metal Boulevard will be glad to assist you in any way they can. The info stand is also the place to collect lost belongings or hand in found items. After the festival please call Dessel police station at firstname.lastname@example.org and +32 14 33 37 80 for all lost/found items.
Report damage, theft or missing persons? Lose your identity card?
Go to the police post situated between the main festival entrance and camping Boneyard.
Hearing damage from overexposure to loud music is no laughing matter. In other words: enjoy the music but protect your ears. That is why free earplugs are available at the kiosks in the festival arena and at the info stand. Or you can go to the EARPLUG stand on Metal Boulevard: here you can collect free earplugs or purchase Fit For All earplugs.
The safety of all our GMM visitors is paramount. That is why there is a ban on crowdsurfing and why it is prohibited to climb trees and scaffolds, light fires and smoke in the tents and marquees.
Drugs are not tolerated at the festival. During the festival police will carry out spot checks in and around the festival park. Visitors caught in possession of drugs will be fined (out-of-court settlement of €75-150). Visitors who are caught dealing will be arrested and brought before a magistrate. They will also be banned from the festival grounds for the duration of the festival.
All ticket holders must pass through a metal detector to gain access to the festival arena. Please note you may be frisked at the entrance and our security staff may want to search your bags or backpack. Click here for an exhaustive list of items that are not allowed in the festival arena. Tip: bring only the essentials and store all other belongings in a locker at the main festival entrance.
In the event of an emergency situation
Remain calm. Get yourself to safety and leave your belongings behind. If possible keep an eye on your friends as well. Follow the instructions of the security staff. Keep an eye on the LED message boards. Text, don’t call.
If you require medical assistance please approach one of the Red Cross staff patrolling the main festival arena. If you can make it that far, you can also report to one of two Red Cross stations: in camping Boneyard near the entrance, or next to the VIP Corner in the main festival arena.